Friday, August 23, 2013
Association International School
Hello everyone!
My apologies- our house has not been set up with internet yet so I'm writing this from an internet cafe. Everything in Ghana takes a little bit longer than one would expect, but we're hoping for wi-fi to be installed this week. There are currently 8 of us teachers living in the house, and 2 more will be coming soon.
Yesterday was our first day of teacher orientation. It was a morning of meeting other teachers, both Ghanaian and expatriate, and getting to know them a little better.
I finally met the head of the school, "Mrs. D". She let me know that as well as being the ESL teacher on campus, I will also have a classroom of 1st or 2nd grade. So....
I
will
be
busy.
Classes for students start on September 5th, so another week and a half of lesson planning and getting ready.
That's it from me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You will be busy! So interesting the differences around the world. First or second grade -- so they may know how to read or they may not -- good for you for being able to roll with it!
ReplyDelete